Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Keyboard Vol control on PB in 9.1?

Keyboard Vol control on PB in 9.1?
moofman
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 8, 2001, 12:13 AM

Hey,
I just today ran the 9.1 update and restarted and messed around in it for a few hours (still had some things to do before I installed X) I just ran the updater that you can download instead of the whole CD updater for some reason...but then I installed OS X on top of that, I didn't uninstall the PB so OS X was throwing fits so I rebooted into 9.1 to uninstall X and then reinstall it, now the volume controls don't work in 9.1, it won't even let me turn the sound up in the control panels or the control strip...nothing will let me turn sound, and the keyboard controlls randomly show different volume levels but I still hear no sound...what is up w/ this? I have uninstalled OS X and OS X PB in hopes that that would fix it but haven't restarted yet ot see if it did... Anyone have a clue what's up?
C'ya,
moofman

[edit] I just launched a program that told me "An error occured while trying to set up the Sound Manager. Sounds will be disable." So is there an error in Sound Manager or did it just get screwed up when I installed OS X? Grrr....looks like I'm gonna have to do a reinstall of OS 9.0.4

[This message has been edited by moofman (edited 04-08-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules