Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Starting your computer, color change?

Starting your computer, color change?
saviorass
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2001, 10:01 PM

im having trouble locating where the color when you start up your computer (gray at the VERY beginning) is. Ive searched everywhere i know of in the System file with ResEdit. Is this a hardware computer thing, or is it somewhere inside of the system? The reason i ask, is because a StartupPicture sometimes creates problems, especially when i wanted to open Extensions Manager when booting up, so i went through modifying the pictures so that they looked like i wanted and without having the trouble of a StartupPicture. So my trouble is, the background of the picture is white, so i set up my desktop patter to be white, but that loads to late. At the very beginning when it shows up the mac icon, the background of that is gray, and by then it already loads the picture, but it doesnt look quite right with the background of the picture and the computer being different colors.

So, like i asked before, does anyone know how to change the startup color from gray to white? I dont check this AT ALL since this is my first topic (im usually on quakeworld.com and posting there), so if you know the answer, could you email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by saviorass (edited 04-06-2001).]
Break yourself down and suck my floppy drive

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2001, 10:16 PM

It's actually a grid of black and white pixels. That's why you can't find the color.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

saviorass  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2001, 10:28 PM

so do you know how i can change it?

[This message has been edited by saviorass (edited 04-06-2001).]

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2001, 05:17 AM

Don't think you can change it at all. I don't even think it's part of the OS. I think it's part of the ROM like the startup chime and the happy mac icon. Can't be changed.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

saviorass  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2001, 05:48 AM

damn, well, thanks anyways

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 7, 2001, 07:48 PM

on my ibook, at some point it changed from grey to a lime green color. i flashed the pram and did some other stuff and could never get it to change back. it was weird.

------------------
you're going to have my foot at your lip in a minute, young man.

scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules