Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Appearence Problems

Appearence Problems
exa
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 23, 2000, 09:07 PM

I have been trying to fix this problem for quite a while now. Every time I change themes in the appearence manager, after a minute of use, I immediately crash with some weird error, like GetColorAndPenState or QD_RestoreRegionBits from macsbug. When I use Mac OS 9 All set, I don't seem to crash; I've been trying to find the bad extension and haven't been able to for quite a while. Anyone know of any conflicting extensions, I would appreciate it if someone would tell me the answer to this. I've tried norton, diskwarrior, clean install and the problem has not been fixed... this is OS 9.04 by the way...

g4-guy
Jun 23, 2000, 09:45 PM

Try Conflict Catcher from Casady Green. Its job is to find extension conflicts. It's also a great replacement for Extensions Manager. The demo would hopefully be enough to figure out your problem.

Regards,

g4-guy
PowerBook G4/800
Mac OS X 10.2.8
512MB RAM/40GB HD
Combo Drive, Airport Card

exa  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 23, 2000, 10:09 PM

I'll have to look into that, but I have manually done this, and found that "Kensington Startup" was the one messing me up! Anyone else with kensintgon mouseworks software (version 5.41) getting this error? And, anyone know where I can grab a not too old version of their drivers?

Update: I downloaded the 5.3 drivers, and it still crashes and burns... contacted kensington about this issue, hope I can get a fix...

[This message has been edited by exa (edited 06-23-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules