Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes lost a TON of songs!!!

iTunes lost a TON of songs!!!
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2002, 02:27 AM

I just noticed a huge problem with iTunes. And FYI I have not upgraded to 2.0.4 yet. I am running a dual 533 with 10.1.3. I have about 2100 songs in my self proclaimed master playlist. Just under half of these song have had their names 'delete' from the playlist in iTunes. There's just a blank space. The good news is that simply playing each song will restore its name. The bad news is, not all of them. Some songs, the grand total will probably over 100, become "lost" completely when you try to play them. I'll have to try and figure these ones out and re-integrate them somehow. This is a real pain in the �ss!!

K++
Senior User
Mar 23, 2002, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by l008com:
<STRONG>I just noticed a huge problem with iTunes. And FYI I have not upgraded to 2.0.4 yet. I am running a dual 533 with 10.1.3. I have about 2100 songs in my self proclaimed master playlist. Just under half of these song have had their names 'delete' from the playlist in iTunes. There's just a blank space. The good news is that simply playing each song will restore its name. The bad news is, not all of them. Some songs, the grand total will probably over 100, become "lost" completely when you try to play them. I'll have to try and figure these ones out and re-integrate them somehow. This is a real pain in the �ss!!</STRONG>
If an update provides improved performance, and stability, what sense does it make to stay with the already broken version? Wouldnt it make more sense to update, then if the update doesn't fix it, then complain?

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2002, 09:58 PM

NO, and thanks for all your insight

Forum Links
Forum Rules