Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Extension manager.....

Extension manager.....
tomra
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2001, 01:50 PM

Hi

I have gotten some really strange "lettering" in my extension manager under the size column. Can`t figure out what i have done to make this happen and i just can`t get them to go away either.

Anybody else experienced this or know how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Tom
http://home.halden.net/tomra/picture.jpg

Gregg
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2001, 02:37 PM

Well, you could reinstall EM from your CD. If you have Tome Viewer, you can extract that one piece. If not, download it. It's worth having.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

tomra  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2001, 04:37 PM

Hi

Thanks for helping me out :-)
I`m afraid i don`t know what Tome viewer is.
Anybody got an url for download and/or information about this?

Thanks again
Tom

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2001, 05:05 PM

Is it only in your extensions manager? Your preferences for EM might have gotten corrupted... try going to your preferences folder (in the system folder) and removinf the preferences for Extensions Manager. You can trash them and the system will automatically create a clean set of preferences. Open extensions manager and see if this does it. You can also try fooling with your font settings under the appearance control panel...
good luck and let us know how this progresses...
dave

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2001, 01:15 AM

ddiokno seems right to me--a preference file thing. If you want to get Tomeviewer (which is a nifty thing to have, I think), you can go to http://www.versiontracker.com and download it. Type tomeviewer in the search box.

Since I'm at it, I may as well suggest that you get yourself a disk utility like DiskWarrior or TechToolsPro to rebuild your HD every now and then. And after you've done that, you probably should rebuild your desktop (check the Help menu for how to do that--open it and type in rebuilding desktop). An ounce of prevention . . .

------------------
Klaatu borada nicto.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

AppleScript
Forum Regular
Apr 7, 2001, 01:24 AM

TomeViewer can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.macresource.com/tomeviewer-13d3.sit

The version of Extensions Manager which came with 9.04 is 4.04, and the file size should be 173872 bytes.

(18)

Forum Links
Forum Rules