Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ideas For Creative Movie Props?

Ideas For Creative Movie Props? (Page 18)
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 9, 2024, 11:21 PM

When we fired up this 60-year-old TV for the first time 5 years ago, there was an image, but it had a terminal v-hold problem. The knob to adjust it is broken, and I didn’t have the time to monkey with it.

Sean mentioned in passing it would be useful if we could get it working. Had time to play with it tonight, turned it on, low and behold…

It’s distorted, but that’s actually kinda cool. This is a composite-out of a DVD player into an RF box. To make it easier to feed it source material, as well as because it’s hilarious, I’m going to see if I can rig up something to bust down the HDMI output from an iPad.

Edit: the image is from a video project we worked on 30+ years ago. Been at this awhile now.
( Last edited by subego; Jul 10, 2024 at 02:39 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules